Friday 26 October 2012

Improve your listening! (I)

We are going to suggest some videos of a website  which have a lot of resources and materials that teachers can use to teach English!

Marta Cortés

In my opinion, this listening activity is very useful to learn ‘The transport’ topic; such as train, car, boat,etc. Furthermore, it’s a catchy song  because the verses are very repetitive, so this song can be sung by young children. This song is suitable for lower Primary Education because the grammar structures and the vocabulary are easy.

This activity is suitable for the third cycle of Primary Education because the contents and the vocabulary are more difficult. Despite this, I would recommend this activity to learn ‘our solar system’ through a song instead of using the textbook. Also, personally, the children would prefer listening to a song and learning the characteristics of the planets in a playful.


Álvaro Domínguez


I chose this activity because I think it is important that our students learn about other cultures and customs, so I think it's a good idea to do an activity that tells the story of an Islamic party, as in this case.
I chose this second activity because I found very interesting because I didn’t know the existence of infantile news. Besides it shows them simple and familiar situations  to children such as game or picnic.



Miriam Gallardo


As halloween is coming soon, I have chosen these listening activities to celebrate the eve of this day. At the beginning of both activities the children have to do a puzzle. the first activity is a song called ”the scary skeleton”, in which children will revise some parts of the body and some action verbs. The second activity is a horror story called “the haunted house” and with it children can revise some vocabulary like different parts of a house and animals.

I recommend asking students to wear halloween costumes and decorate the class with halloween staff the day you are going to do these activities in class, it will be a very funny and scary morning!


Marta Gómez



I suggest using these listening tasks, because I think they can be very useful and dynamic in an English class. They are related with the topic of food, so I have chosen the “kids talk” video to introduce the topic to the students. I think it can be a good point, that learners listen to others English children, thus, they probably awaken interest to know the new language to meet new English friends and, also, they will be aware of the importance of know other languages in order to understand other people.
Also, I’ve chosen a song, because I think it can be a fantastic way to learn different meals, in an enjoyable way. We can change some verses of the song and sing other meals which children like it. 



Marina Chamizo

I think that it is a good resource for the children. With it they will developed the skill of listening. In it the children can see and send videos of the children’s news and they can play games and watch clips. The page is very visual and it makes children their attention.

Moreover I choose that resource because the children have to develop writing and reading skills. In it the children will have to construct sentences, learn vocabulary or read texts.



Aurora Capablanca

http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/short-stories/my-secret-team
I’ve chosen this activity because in my opinion the topic is very attractive for children and at least it is a bit different. In this one they listen a story and also can read it. In addition, there are more activities.

With this activity they can play and practice pronunciation in a funny way. we can use the tongue-twisters to improve and encourage the use of the language making a play and comparing with spanish ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment